One of the most common things I hear is people saying, “I can’t cut back my spending any more!” In the world of personal finance, there are only two things you can do to achieve financial freedom: spend less money and make more money. I have always been a fan of spending less money and there are hundreds of ways to spend less that lots of people never think of. (We’ll get to that in a future article.) However, there is only so much you can cut before you say there’s nothing left to cut.
As well, I’m not a huge fan of living on rice and air and staring at a blank wall. That’s where we have to get to the second option: make more money. There are literally thousands of ways to make money, some you may have never thought of. I put together a list below of 15 ways you can make money right now to help you get started.
- Clean houses, offices, or apartment buildings.
- Become a freelance ghostwriter, copywriter, editor, or proofreader. Try elance.com.
- Become a virtual assistant.
- Become a tutor.
- Wait tables. Great for nights and weekends.
- Deliver pizzas.
- Mow lawns.
- Offer Pet Sitting services. This may just entail checking in on the pet a few times a day.
- Stage Homes. People are having trouble selling their homes these days and could use a second pair of eyes to stage their home for the quick sale. If you’ve got the designing skills, offer up your services.
- Paint Street Numbers. With just a few paint and stencil supplies you could walk the neighborhoods with curbs and solicit your curb number painting services.
- Create crafts and sell them on Etsy.com.
- Lend money to people through sites like LendingClub.com.
- Complete surveys for pay at sites like MySurvey, CashCrate or TellWut.
- Become an Amazon Associate, and ask your friends to use your affiliate link when they make purchases.
- Offer resume writing services.
What other ideas do you have on how to make extra money?